I'm Marisela, a licensed clinical social worker specializing in women's wellness, perinatal mental health, and infant mental health. I'm so glad you found me! I'm a wife and mother, therapist, consultant, I teach, I volunteer whenever time allows, and I'm an advocate of women's health and rights.
What I do
In addition to being a women's therapist I'm also a lecturer at Cal State Los Angeles in the School of Social Work where I have the opportunity to share my clinical expertise and insights with future social workers. I'm a consultant with The California Inclusion and Behavior Consultation (CIBC) Network, a project that supports early care and education programs. I speak about and provide training about perinatal mental health to local doctors and nurses. I volunteer when times allows especially if it has to do with women and little ones and I'm an alumni mentor for Cal State Long Beach.
I have a B.A. in psychology and a Masters degree in Social Work, both from California State University Long Beach. I continue to receive education through clinical conferences and webinars, and you can always find me reading at least 3 books at a time related to social work, psychology, mental health, or self-help.
infant mental health training & endorsements
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®)
- Endorsements by the California Center for Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Infant-Family Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist
- Reflective Practice Facilitator II
- Consultant with The California Inclusion and Behavior Consultation (CIBC) Network
perinatal mental health & pregnancy loss training
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training through PSI and 2020 Mom
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care Certificate Training through PSI
- Bringing Light to Motherhood-Advanced Two Day Training through Maternal Mental Health Now
- MommaCare™ Training in pregnancy loss and newborn death
- Postpartum Support International Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Training