it all started when...
I'm a licensed clinical social worker and perinatal psychotherapist. I have been working in the Whittier community, almost exclusively with mothers and young children (from new born to age 5 years old), for almost two decades.
It was through my work with the youngest of children, 9 years ago, that I discovered my passion for supporting new moms. And so my journey began in perinatal mental health. Since then, I have been busy immersing myself in every book, training, and workshop that I could get my hands on about perinatal mental health. In my private practice I now have the privilege of bringing all of my training and experience together to provide specialized therapy services for women, expectant and new mamas, couples, and their little ones.
In addition to private practice I am also a mama, a volunteer with Postpartum Support International, I'm a member of several other organizations dedicated to perinatal mental health, and I'm an adjunct professor at Cal State Los Angeles in their masters in social work program.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, California State University, Long Beach 1999.
- Master's degree in Social Work, California State University, Long Beach 2008.
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Endorsed by the California Center for Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Infant-Family Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist
- Reflective Practice Facilitator II
- Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training through PSI and 2020 Mom
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care Certificate Training through PSI
- Bringing Light to Motherhood-Advanced Two Day Training through Maternal Mental Health Now
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®)
- Certified in Child-Parent Psychotherapy
- Certified in Positive Parenting Program (Triple-P)
- Certified in The Incredible Years parenting program