a little about me
I'm a licensed clinical social worker specializing in women's wellness and Infant & Maternal Mental Health. A mama myself, I know first hand the joys and challenges of motherhood and raising a family. I also know the significant role of support, so that mama can mother well, and baby can thrive. The same goes for growing and thriving as a confident woman. It's for these reasons that I founded my practice.
what to expect in therapy
Client's can expect to be an active partner in the therapy process. I believe that you are the expert in what is best for you and when working on issues of motherhood and parenting, you know your baby best. Together we'll work towards alleviating symptoms, improving relationships, creating a healthy support system, and increasing your self confidence.
Pregnant and new mamas can expect to work on planning for birth and the postpartum period in addition to individual sessions. I usually also recommend that partners or significant people in your life attend at least one session to ensure that they're informed about what your symptoms mean and how to best help and support you.
I graduated from California State University Long Beach in 2008 with a Masters degree in Social Work. In 2011 I became licensed (LCS 27324) and opened my practice shortly after in 2014, specializing in women's mental health and wellness. With almost two decades of experience in the mental health field, including 10 years working as a maternal and infant therapist, I have become the go-to maternal mental health expert for various organizations and professionals in the Whittier area who also work with mamas and babies.
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Endorsed by the California Center for Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Infant-Family Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist
- Reflective Practice Facilitator II
- Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training through PSI and 2020 Mom
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care Certificate Training through PSI
- Bringing Light to Motherhood-Advanced Two Day Training through Maternal Mental Health Now
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®)